Lei Making in Kaui, Hawaii

Hello friends,

Happy Saturday.  Hope you are staying warm.  It looks like fall has finally arrived.

Today's post is going to be about crafting but not cards.  In September, my husband, Mike and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary in an extraordinary way.  We took a trip to Hawaii.  The 2nd island we visited was Kaui.  I went outside my comfort zone and took a class creating a lei out of real flowers and leaves.  They showed us how to cut the leaves into strips and how to tie them together to create the lei.

The first photo show the completed lei, the flowers used, and the actual leaf we used the make the lei.  

This class made a wonderful memory of our trip.  I still have the lei and look at it often.

Thank you for stopping by today and reading my blog.

Have a fabulous day.

Happy Stamping!!

Martha

Comments